Merry Christmas to all!

We found a Santa!!!!   We actually found two.  I went into town on Christmas Eve.  It was just as crazy as Richmond, Virginia is on Christmas Eve. I couldn't find parking, got stuck in traffic, waited in lines....but I finally got the Santa shot!  We found the first Santa in front of Proud's and then as we were cutting through MHCC, we saw the second Santa.  Yay- my picture book is complete this year! Afterwards, we went to Wendy's house and had a moment that will stand out in my memory of this Christmas.  The kids wanted to go sing Christmas carols with them at church...but it was getting late and we had to eat dinner...so instead Wendy played the piano and we all sang in her living room.  The kids danced and all laughed.   Impromptu Christmas memories are the best!

We had a nice meal on Christmas eve just our family.   Warren and I stayed up crazy late on Christmas Eve wrapping everyone's gifts for the kids.   We had fun.....just the two of us.  It's kind of a fun craze...getting gifts wrapped, being sneaky....  Andie woke up at 1:00 a.m. super pumped about Christmas and couldn't get back to sleep.  She got up 1, 3, 4, 5, 5:30, and we finally acquiesced at 6 am.  We had a really nice family Christmas morning.  I missed our extended families for sure...which we spent a lot of time Skyping...but it was also nice to not travel and just be us.   I think it helps to know that we are going home next year...so I could just really appreciate the quaintness of this Christmas.   

After a few hours of Skyping and opening/playing with presents we headed over to the Robertson's for a Christmas lunch.   Christmas lunch turned into Christmas sleepover ...we stayed late and Andie spent the night.   Boxing day turned out to be exactly what we all needed after our social Christmas.  We all stayed home all day and just relaxed.  We swam in the pool, played the game of Life, ate too much food, built legos, and played with new toys.   Today Warren was not feeling well, so it was mostly me and the girls.  I had so many moments where I looked at my two little girls...best buddies (when they are not arguing) and felt so happy to be able to spend so much time with them at this time in their lives.   Sometimes I get scared that life is too good....and I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop....  but, most times I just feel content.  

Happy Holidays to everyone!  



We found Santa!!!
empty Santa spot at the mall on Christmas eve

Christmas eve jammies!

lego building

princess playing

Christmas lunch

Christmas prayer


What a crew!

girls exchanged books for Christmas

a very small slice of our mess after opening presents...

I think we have plenty of games for our weekly game nights now...

The Santa we ran into second....Zoë thinks he is the real Santa...not just his helper

Santa came!

stockings!

Don't know if we've ever been so tan at Christmas!



Comments