Stream of Consciousness

Well, it's been a week since I wrote and I am sitting here blank.  There are things I could write about...but nothing feels interesting.  Life has just been moving along.  Work is super busy and I love that. I am so glad I am there 2 days a week.  I feel excited to be back in the profession and really passionate about getting things done there.  I finally set up my work website today.  Mom (since you are the only one who will probably actually click on link), check it out here.   I have been helping out an orphanage for the past 6 months or so and that is ready to start back up again.  Also, I just helped out with a mobile pre-school yesterday.  It felt good to be involved in the community and more a part of things.   I am excited about all the opportunities ahead.

The girls have had a lot of questions about death and why people die lately.  If I can find a small tree to plant,  we will be holding a memorial service in our back yard for Glen this Sunday.  I hope it provides some closure for them....but I know how much we will all still miss Papa/Glen even after the family service  here.  Warren wrote the most beautiful eulogy that he will share in this space when it's ready. I will post his touching tribute soon.

I am still not drinking for February and I like it.  It's harder on the weekends.  I am starting to realize how social it is just to have a glass of wine with friends.   One glass in your hand just feels more social.  I feel like I'm prego (I'm not!) when I am drinking club soda with lime or chapmans.

I have been super super aware lately of consumerism in the states.  I've mentioned it before, but helping out around the community heightens this awareness. I want to get rid of the LOADS of junk we have!  Excessive really.   While every now and again I do get an urge to buy something...mostly BNN has been going really well.   It's not as hard as I thought it would be.

I have made half of our appointments for when we are in the states this summer.  (Pediatrician, dentist, OBGYN, dermatologist, GP......)  We will be busy!  But, mostly I just want to hang out with friends and family.....and eat good food!   We are all getting so excited!

Andie just told me she is sad we moved here because here she misses her friends in Atlanta, but now when we move back she will miss her friends here.  Now she will be sad in two places.  I tried to turn it around....saying how lucky we are that we have friends in two places.  She didn't buy it...but hopefully she will as she grows.  She's got such a sensitive heart.

Zoë is coming home ready to read now that she's in reception/kindergarten.  It's cute and so different than Andie's attitude towards homework.  Funny how they can be so different.

While I am glad we are going home for a visit, I can say I am glad we are not there right now.  The political climate seems crazy.  I am nervous for the upcoming election and wish I had spoiler like I do when I watch The Bachelor.....or I could read the end of the book like I always do when I read.  I guess I will have to wait this one out.   It's weird, but I am super nervous about going back to a country with guns.   I've gotten pretty used to feeling safe here.  I'll write more on that later.

We went to a birthday party last Sunday for Andie's friend from England.  Her mom has Indian roots.  The girls all got henna tatoos at the party.   It's common for the Indo-Fijians here to have Henna but this was my girls' first time.  It was pretty cool and not something I see at the parties we attended in the States.







This blog post is putting me to sleep.   I am sure if anyone is reading this...they feel the same.  Next time...less stream of consciousness and better stories...I hope!

Comments

  1. Just wanted you to know that I checked out your work website . . . we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle! I miss you guys too!!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Rochelle! I miss you guys too!!!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Rochelle! I miss you guys too!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment