Lola B


Lola was a part of our family for 7 years.  We got her as a rescue in October of 2007.   When I went to the rescue site, I immediately fell in love.  She jumped into my lap and wouldn't get down.  She didn't know how to walk on a leash and she only had one ear.  I didn't care.  I loved her even more because of it.   Warren really had no choice, so I am glad when he came home from his guys weekend, he was just as much in love as I was.   She fit into our family amazingly well.  She is the most laid-back, lovable, sweet dog I've ever known.  She rarely barks and just loves to snuggle.

 When we found out we were moving to Fiji, we half considered not going because how could we leave sweet Lola B?  We debated taking her.  To bring her along with us to Fiji meant a very long flight (17 hours) and being quarantined for at least 6 weeks.  Lola has never stayed in doggy day care.  She is terrified of being put in a crate.  She has a sensitive stomach and only eats Science Diet sensitive stomach food.    She is amazing with humans but has a history of being nervous around other dogs, although it got so much better through time.  There are not good vets here.  We talked and talked and talked about it.   Finally, our vet told us it wouldn't be a good idea to take her.  She thought the flight would be terrible for her and the quarantine would be tough too.  We were also so unsure of the vet care she would receive given that she is an older dog.  It is one of the hardest decisions we ever made, but we decided to find a loving family for her.  

We found the perfect family.  She is very loved and well cared for.  She actually sort of has two moms.   One watched her for a while and now she is in her forever home.   They love her like we do and post pictures of her regularly on face book.   The girls talk about her daily.  Every day Zoe asks about Lola and when we will see her again.  I didn't expect the girls to miss her so much.  Zoe always talks about her like she is still a part of our family.  I honestly didn't expect to miss her so much either.  I am happy we made the decision we did.  I know she is in the right place and has access to good heath care.  I know she is loved and spoiled.   I still feel so guilty about the choice, even though it was probably the right one.  I hope she's not wondering where we went and pray she doesn't feel abandoned.   From everything I hear, she's doing amazing and her family spoils her way more than we did.   I know it's right....  I just feel sad about it.  She's just been on my mind a lot lately....so I had to write about it.   Here I am, supposed to be writing a love/birthday letter to Andie and a love letter for Lola poured out instead.   
Here she is with Andie when they were  younger. 
Here she is in her new home with her new doggy pal.



Comments