Inaugural Annual Mommy-Daughter Day

I've decided to have a full blown, one on one, mommy-daughter day once a year around the girls' birthdays.   Every year, I will allow them to take off one day of school.  I won't go into work.  We will spend the whole day enjoying each other and the day.   Today, Zoё and I started this tradition.   It was a perfect day.  I knew she would love it, but I didn't expect to have just as much fun as she did!  Suva is not full of options, but our day was FULL.   We started off at Bulachino for breakfast.    After a relaxed time there, we went for pedicures.  Oh Fiji, there are no places here that I can find where you can sit side by side for your pedicure.   Originally, we were going to just get foot massages, but as we were ready to walk into the seedy massage place, Zoё got nervous and decided on pedicures instead.  We walked next door to the spa, and requested full pedis to spoil ourselves.  Unfortunately, they wanted each of us in separate rooms - which we were both totally uncomfortable with and it sort of defeats the purpose of us spending time together.  We settled on one of us going at a time while the other sat in the same room and watched.  In the end, we were both very happy with the decision and it still allowed us to hang out.  After pedis, lunch at McDonalds (Zoё's choice) and then on to the movies.   After the movies, we went to Snowy House for frozen yogurt and then raced home by 3:30 to meet Andie off of the bus.

It really wasn't about what we did at all though.  It was just about the undivided attention we gave one another.  I really like my kid!  She makes me genuinely laugh and my heart was warm all day long - loved hanging out with her.  Hmmmm, maybe I need to do this twice a year!




I usually don't think we look alike, but I can see it here....





Comments

Post a Comment