One night getaway




Saturday night we decided to try out a close, cheapish resort which is new to us, Tambua Sands.  It was very basic bures, right on the beach.  The weather was perfect!   We will definitely go back there! It was so nice to fall asleep to the ocean breeze and the sound of the waves. I didn't even have to use my sound spa to fall asleep!  The bures are not air conditioned, but have a huge fan and the breeze from the ocean was totally enough.  We also had one of the best meals I've had so far in Fiji at a lovely beach side bungalow with 6 tables, Beach Cocomo Cafe.  It was lovely!  The chef makes one three course meal a night for the guests....and it was soooo delicious!!!  The atmosphere is perfect too.   We came back to the hotel afterwards and happened to be just in time for the meke/cultural presentation for the hotel guests, which the kids always love.  

Overall, it was really nice to have family time, good food, and some time on the South Pacific Ocean....pretty good for a night's getaway! 




Andie climbing a tree at our favorite pizza place on the ocean, Eco-Cafe...perfect lunch spot!




I took a nap when we got there.  This is my view from the bed.  



"Look Dad, I found a starfish!"


See the sea slug?  Yuck.



the kids got braids...and fond another starfish


We seem to keep having talent shows on the beach.  Here's Zoe performing for her audience.






Warren took the kids kayaking.  I stayed away after last disaster!
                                         This is a video I took for my what's app girl friends...



We got a much awaited package yesterday from Bebe and PapPap (my parents)!   We got so many awesome things, but a favorite was the super hero costumes!  Thanks BeBe and PapPap!!!

She looks unhappy but she's trying to look fierce!




Comments

  1. Sea slug or sea cucumber? Nudibranches are normally colorful and beautiful, where as the sea cucumbers look like giant turds in low tide (but you can pick it up and it'll squirt you)....just putting my marine bio degree to work ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment