In other non-travel related news.....

Since we've been back from Asia, the kids have gone back to school and I'm back to work.  Andie is now in Year 3 and Zoe is in year 1.  They both have fabulous teachers and are mostly happy to be back (although Andie is seriously missing Lainie).   Obligatory first day picture below:




They must have had an exhausting first day back, because both were nearly asleep before we even got into the front door after school!




The Sunday before school started was when the Women's marches were taking place all over the world.   I felt like I had to be a part of something....so a few friends and I marched up the beautiful Mt. Koro in solidarity with women around the world.   The girls were still jet-lagged, so they chose to sleep in instead.   

Tiny but Mighty!






 Also, after many years, the girls finally decided they should get decent hair cuts!   They both cut off nearly 6 inches.   It looks so much better!




Other than that, we have just been relaxing at home and trying to catch up slowly with friends.  I've been a weird combo of feeling anti-social and tired, to feeling like I have no friends here and I need to do more to reach out.   Living in a small town/city/expat world is interesting!  So many goodbyes - I'm probably still grieving Wendy being gone and just trying to figure out my place here.   In the meantime, I'll just do my best to enjoy life...

Birthday party for friends...









Comments