A Fiji type of day

Warren and I went away this weekend for our 10 year anni.  I will do  a post very soon about that.  We traveled back into town this morning...which made for a unique day compared to my days in the states.   First, we woke up to a beautiful sunrise on the ocean.  I took an outdoor shower while looking at the ocean and then spent an hour or so lounging and reading with amazing scenery.  Then, we got on a boat which took us through the river system that has a whole different type of scenery.  We arrived at the loading area and took a cab back to Suva.  The ride was slow, long, and full of windy roads.   Green scenery surrounded us throughout the trip.  As soon as we got home, Warren changed for work and I took him in.  I returned home to find the pool boy waiting to be let in to treat the pool.  When he finished, I went to the material shop to look for 11 meters of a material that my whole family would look good in for our sulu jabas.    I brought it to the tailor....  a sweet, elderly Indo-Fijian man who works out of his home in a tiny crowded little space.  He took my measurements and spoke to me the whole time with kind, caring eyes.   We were in such a tight space I could smell the cigarette on him that he must have just smoked.  Next, I went to make an appointment with the dentist since last time I visited the x-ray machine was broken.   Then, I went into a huge store to look for Indian Diwali outfits for the girls.  I became completely overwhelmed by the selection and had to leave.  I ran to the market for fruit and vegetables and to the bakery for bread.   Next, I spoke with the bestie at home while I prepared dinner and she folded clothes at the end of her day.   It's now 3:00 and my children will get off the bus any minute.  While I didn't necessarily miss them on our weekend getaway, I cannot wait to hug them and hear all about their weekend too!

market outside of store

Comments