A Week Later

I'm still reeling from last week's news....but I'm slowly climbing out of that cave of despair as my friend here says.   I've gone from total shock, to sadness, to anger and even a bit of acceptance.....then through them all again and again.   It's been a week.... in more ways than one.

But for all the crap that's happened in the past week, this week has also had some good things as well here in our little corner of the world.    For one- Warren's mom, Anne, is coming soon and we are all so excited!   Also, last Saturday we climbed Mt. Korobaba with the Robertson clan and Renee and William.   At first I was a bit worried my kids wouldn't be able to handle this super tough hike, but wow- they surprised me!  They did wonderfully!   It was hot and hard, but they accomplished the task!  I was so proud of them!   We hiked and talked and laughed and sung.   It was lovely.   At the top of the mountain, William played his uke and we all just enjoyed taking in the little things that make this world beautiful.  




















After we hiked, we stopped at a swimming hole at the end for a refreshing cool off.    Loved it.








That night we went out to celebrate Warren's birthday which was good because I feel like I gave him a pathetic celebration the day after the election.   Our friends joined us for some good old fun - karaoke style!   It's funny because before we left everyone said they didn't really think they'd sing, but they were up for going.   We were only in the room for minutes before all of us were belting it out on the microphone.  We had a private back room of a delicious Chinese restaurant (Oriental Taste) and sang for almost 5 hours!  We couldn't stop ourselves actually.   The owner finally kicked us out sometime after midnight.  It was like music therapy!  It really was just so fun to do something different.   Afterwards, we went out dancing for a bit before heading home.   Great celebration.

Birthday celebration with the family at Tikos, floating restaurant




Karaoke -do you think we were into it?






How did I not get a picture of the birthday boy singing???



My work week has been crazy....along with family routines....but life just keeps moving along.   I need to just commit myself to find the beauty in life's moments and continue to teach my students and my children about love and acceptance and understanding.   I'll work on that too.  It's a journey!

Comments