Work gathering

Warren has finished training of the Peace Corps Volunteers so we decided to have the whole Peace Corps staff and trainers to our house last night (about 40 people).   We got it catered and Warren smoked brisket, pork, and chicken wings. I worked on apps and dessert...so we had PLENTY of food....   but, it's always better to have more than you need I think.  Around 2 hours before the party, Warren was at the store and I heard the gate open.  I thought it was him, but it was actually two of his Fijian colleagues coming with matts for the floor and a huge cava bowl.   They moved around some furniture and set up our house for a proper Fijian gathering.  

It turned out to be a great night.  I love the way they all sang and played guitar all night.  I love the way everyone helped out with the dishes.  I love the way most of us sat on the mats to eat our dinner and to drink cava.   It was beautiful.  

before the fun began













Comments